Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Up and Down and Up and Down

I guess my "getting back on track" yesterday really helped. I weighed in today at... 224.5 lbs. I'm happy :)

My son will be two in October. That's in a little under 5 months from now. I'd like to lose another 20-25 pounds by then. Perhaps I could be under 200 by then, how cool would that be? I'm trying NOT to set unrealistic goals. 20 pounds in 5 months is completely do-able. It's tight, but it's do-able. There is no room for error. So what do I do? Do I go ahead and set the goal knowing that there is always a chance I won't hit it? or do I set a more "padded" goal of 25 pounds by Christmas? Goals are hard. I have one right now. I wanted to lose an additional 10 lbs by the end of May (this started the middle of April). That would bring me to 221 lbs. I think I can still do it (except for the big Memorial Day weekend at the end! ). Isn't part of what I'm try to change in myself the ability to forgive myself if I don't meet my goals? I am afraid. I'm afraid I won't meet my goals, and I'll spiral out of control. What am I gaining by giving myself "padded" goals? Just an excuse not to meet them right? Right. No more excuses. I'm going to put my goals up on a side bar here and stick to them. I may hit them, I may not. But that's where I'm going to need to grow and learn to even lose the weight in the long run. So here goes...

Goal #1: 221 lbs by May 31st
Goal #2: 200 lbs by October 14th

What are your goals? Weight loss, work, anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

Goal #1:
221 lbs by May 31st, 2010
Hit goal on 7/2/2010
(yeah June was tough)

Goal #2:
210 lbs by September 9th, 2010
Hit goal on 10/19/2010
(not too bad)

Goal #3:
200 lbs by December 11th, 2010



Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs