Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday Weigh-In

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Okay. Here goes. I weighed in today for my weekly check-in.

226

Argh!! I was 225.5 last week. Yes, that's not a big deal. Especially if you consider we were at a party this weekend and I let go a little bit.

I weigh myself every morning, but I only count Tuesday morning for tracking purposes. (I'm thinking of switching this to Thursday or Friday morning but I'm not sure.)

I know what I weighed before the party, 225, I know what I weighed the day after the party, 226.5 and I know what I weighed today after two days back on track, 226. So am I upset? I think I was a little bit, but I'm not now.

Why? Because I know what my body is doing now. One of the reasons I got to where I am now with my weight is I didn't know my body. I would have a weekend like this last one and I'd go a little overboard. And what would I do? I'd stress about what I'd gained. I'd worry I'd gained like 2 or 3 pounds. I had messed up. How did I know about this weight gain? I didn't. I didn't weight myself. I was guessing. Then I'd end up in the downward spiral that would leave me slightly depressed and I would find it difficult to get "back on track" the next day. This would double the trouble if not worse.

Now I realize, it's one day. My body will bounce back. I didn't gain 3 pounds, I gained 1 1/2 pounds. But is that really how much? Could I gain 1 1/2 pounds in 24 hours? Not really, not with what I ate. It's water weight, it's salt, it's wine, it's staying up too late.

So I gained, I'm okay with it. For the first time in a long time, weight gain isn't bothering me, it's causing me to look back at what I ate and why the scale says what it says.

I'm not going to put my life on hold so I can lose weight, I'll change it, but I'm still going to have fun, still going to have pizza, still going to have the occasional cocktail. AND... I'm still going to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

Goal #1:
221 lbs by May 31st, 2010
Hit goal on 7/2/2010
(yeah June was tough)

Goal #2:
210 lbs by September 9th, 2010
Hit goal on 10/19/2010
(not too bad)

Goal #3:
200 lbs by December 11th, 2010



Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs