Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ugh, Ugh and Double Ugh

That's how I feel, just ugh. My son was off and on sick all weekend. He's had an on going cough that is too infrequent for it be considered a "he's sick" cough. He had some high temps this past weekend but they finally broke last night and this morning with no rash so far. Thank goodness.

I'm really trying to understand my body and how it reacts to what I put in it. I did really well Friday, I even worked out a bit harder since I had been home with our sick child. I discovered a new option on our Wii. I love the step program and it just opened up free step. I can set it for so many minutes, it gives me a goal of steps, then go. It beeps out the rhythm in the control, shouts out encouragement and lets me know when I've reached the 100, 200 and so on steps. I can the switch back over to TV and watch a show while a "free step". I purchased this raiser so that I can eventually raise it so it's more like the step platforms at gyms, but I haven't gotten there yet.
Image and video hosting by  TinyPic
So back to weight. I was good, I had a coffee, had soup for lunch. Good dinner with the hubby. I got on the scale the next morning and whoa... I was up like 1 1/2 pounds. What??? What happened? I did everything right! Ugh.

So Saturday, I was discouraged, but I still stayed on track while we did errands. I got on the scale on Sunday and what??? Up another pound. No here is where I find myself needing to step back and figure out what is going on. I could not have eaten enough to physically gain 2 1/2 pounds in two days. This was either water weight, hormones, or the weight of worrying about a sick child weighs exactly 2 1/2 pounds on my shoulders. Again, I was discouraged.

Sunday, I wasn't as good. We went to a buffet for brunch. I didn't go back for seconds, I didn't even finish what was on my plate (waste of money) but I did enjoy the mimosa's :) I didn't eat "well" but I didn't overeat either. That was good. Our dinner should have been something light after what we had for brunch but no, it wasn't. I think I had gone down the... if I gained, I'll just eat.

But what was I doing? I wanted to lose weight. I have a goal that is coming up in a week plus a big holiday weekend with family right before it!!! That should be my semi-whatever weekend, not this one! UGh. So Sunday morning had me back up to a whopping 227.5 that was 3 pounds up from where I was on Wednesday morning. BLAH!

I didn't want to look like this forever!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I weighed myself Monday morning thinking why? It's going to be up and what's the point. The point is being consistent and learning. So I weighed, and the scale came back taunting me with a 226. Ummm ok. After all of my "whatever's" on Sunday it's down? THIS IS WHY I'M WEIGHING MYSELF EVERYDAY! (that's in caps to stick it in my brain better). So that no single day matters except the one "tracking" day.

Monday, I did really well. I watched what I ate, I listened to my hunger cues, and I even went walking. I ate soup for dinner, no crackers and no wine. I was craving something, I would go to the kitchen and look through what we had. Hmmmmm nothing jumped out at me. Recently I've been into my son's goldfish crackers. We didn't have any, that was a good thing. I don't think he'd notice if we didn't get them for a while.

So Tuesday morning weigh-in. I got up feeling confident and hopped on the scale. It was taunting me again. With 223.5!!! Woo hoo! But what?

So from Wednesday morning to Tuesday morning I went from 224.5 down to 223.5. I lost a pound. I didn't gain three, I lost one. After all of the ups and downs, my weekly loss was still 1 pound. Should have been better, but considering the roller coaster I had apparently just gotten off, I was happy.

I was also happy since it buts me closer to my goal of 220. 3 1/2 pounds in 6 days? Maybe, Maybe no. We'll see. I'll be excited if I do and happy if I don't. My goal with my doctor was actually ten pounds from where I was at our last appointment at a 19 lb loss. So for that goal realistically, I would need to get to 221. Again, doable. But with Memorial Day weekend at the end? That will be the real test :)

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

Goal #1:
221 lbs by May 31st, 2010
Hit goal on 7/2/2010
(yeah June was tough)

Goal #2:
210 lbs by September 9th, 2010
Hit goal on 10/19/2010
(not too bad)

Goal #3:
200 lbs by December 11th, 2010



Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs