Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, Monday, Monday...

I have been attempting to do an all veggie and fruit day on Mondays as a sort of cleanse. No salt, no additives, no coffee, no wine, just fruit and veggies. I thought easy... no... it's hard.

It's easy during the apple and berries with breakfast and the water with lemon on the side. It's easy as I munch celery around 10am. It was harder for lunch. A salad with bunch of fruit with lemon juice on it. The fruit ended up adding that something extra that I was missing from the salad dressing. I made sure to have avocado in it since it keeps you full longer. Then at 3pm, it was hard. I wanted a pieces of cheese, a piece of meat, even a rice cake. A rice cake! I was craving a rice cake, had it really come to that? I started this four weeks ago. I did fine the first Monday. I did ok the second Monday. Last Monday I couldn't get past 3pm before I caved. I still tracked everything in weight watchers, even after the "cave" it was good for me.

What did I learn? A day of all veggies and fruit can be good for you. A good way the cleanse. Am I the type of person that can do this? Yes. Do I want to? No. Why? The more I deprive myself of something the more I want it. The reason I like Weight Watchers is it teaches that anything is okay in moderation. I can have pizza for dinner if I ate appropriately for lunch. I don't "crave" as much as I use to because I know I could always have it later, on a better day, on a day off, after my next goal.

I figured that was a good step, I'd gotten to the point where I was craving a rice cake, not a cookie, a rice cake.

Yeah for progress.

Keep you fingers crossed, I weigh myself tomorrow. This past weekend I went up a little, I think due to water retention from some salty food. Let's hope that it and more is gone tomorrow morning. I've got goals to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

Goal #1:
221 lbs by May 31st, 2010
Hit goal on 7/2/2010
(yeah June was tough)

Goal #2:
210 lbs by September 9th, 2010
Hit goal on 10/19/2010
(not too bad)

Goal #3:
200 lbs by December 11th, 2010



Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs