Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Losing again

So I'm back. The whole month of June seemed like a waste for my weight loss. I just hit 220.5 and I was so frustrated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There's where I'm at. I'm 1/2 a pound from getting rid of 30lbs. Wow.

So what's been going on that got me stalled? I don't know, I thought I was doing everything right. I'm walking (not every day) and I'm eating well. I think it all started with Memorial Day weekend, then another party the next weekend, then Father's day weekend. I kept bouncing all over the place. 224, 221, 223, 222, it was ping pong ball on the scale. I talked with my doctor who thought it was all in my head. This whole weight loss so far has been more about getting it right in my head than anywhere else. I have the tools, I know what to do, but I wasn't doing them. I feel that I'm back on the right track and ready to get past the 220lb mark and onto the next mark (not sure what that is yet). Maybe that's been my problem, no direction? Hmmm

So I am keeping track of what I eat using WeightWatcher's online tools. It's really helpful. However lately, I haven't been eating all of my points. Food seems to have taken on a different thing for me of more of a fuel need than just a "stuff it in my face" need (whatever that is). If I get hungry (like I am a bit now at 4pm) I normally would have eaten just about anything, but I'm thinking more of something to get me through to dinner time. Some cottage cheese, a cheese stick, yogurt, something of that sort. While eating higher protein foods, I'm finding it keeps me full longer and I'm not that hungry later. I've actually skipped dinner a few (more than a few times to be honest) because I'm not hungry. I know that's not good, but it's not like I'm 98 pounds and starving here. Food is fuel isn't it? If I'm not hungry should I still eat a full meal?

Some of the things that I've been loving that get me through the day:

Microwavable cup of soup (Lite veggie, veggie pasta) with a 1/4 of an avocado cut up and put in after it heats. (It makes me think of the Tortilla soup at El Toritto, mmmm) The avocado fills me up and it's yummy.

Frozen Edamame beans. 1 to 1 1/2 cups with a little salt, mmmm, so yummy.

Salad with tomatoes, red onion, some avocado, cucumber and spray salad dressing. Depending on what else I'm eating with it, if nothing, I'll put a little tuna salad on the side, 1/4 cup for protein.

Veggie patty with two slices of cheese on top. (I will sometimes have this with the soup, it's a good 5 point meal)

Cottage cheese (2%) with fruit for breakfast

Cheese stick

Rice cakes (I will be buying stock in these before this diet is over!!!!) Great when I feel like I want to eat, but I'm not really hungry. It gets me past that hump that in the past would have derailed me. There are a lot of times I want to eat even though I'm not hungry, but I'm learning to identify if I'm hungry or not and what to do about it.

Pickles... just mmmm, love pickles (and no, I'm not pregnant)

Well, hopefully I hit 220 this week. I'll be posting more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

Goal #1:
221 lbs by May 31st, 2010
Hit goal on 7/2/2010
(yeah June was tough)

Goal #2:
210 lbs by September 9th, 2010
Hit goal on 10/19/2010
(not too bad)

Goal #3:
200 lbs by December 11th, 2010



Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs