Friday, June 11, 2010

Yoyo-ing

I'm a yoyo-ing fool!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No, not that kind. The weight kind. I weigh myself every day. This is so that I know how my body reacts to the different things I eat, don't eat, exercise, don't exercise, sleep, stress, whatever. I only track my weight once per week in weight watchers. So a few things have happened. In weighing myself every day, I see it go up and down, up and down. I've been frustrated. But then I go to track it in WW (Weight Watchers) and it's the same as the week before. Technically, I have been maintaining for two weeks. That's pretty good considering we had to major event weekends in a row. I can't count the weigh-ins between the check-in dates. I can, but I shouldn't. My weight can fluctuate +/- 2 pounds all in a week. So I was so frustrated Wednesday, but I've wrapped my brain around it again, and feel much better. Plus it helps I hit 221.5 today. Yeah. I seem to hit a snag just as I'm hitting another 10lbs gone. I struggled at 18lbs for a while before I hit 20lbs. I'm at the same point. I'm struggling at 28 before I'll hit 30. I want to hit 30lbs really bad.

So a few positives. For the first time in my life, I'm distinguishing the difference between I'm eating because I'm "Hungry" versus because I'm "bored, stresses, etc.". Yesterday was a good example. I'm eating more high protein foods, which keeps me fuller. However I found myself wanted to eat yesterday but when I thought about it, I was not hungry, maybe even full. I went to our work kitchen and nothing looked "good" but at the same time, I had this desire to munch. So I pulled out the rice cakes. I know already that rice cakes are going to be my crutch through the majority of this weight-loss journey. They are 30 calories, no fat, for 1 of them. I can munch on two for 1 point. They can be filling and definitely satisfies the "fake hunger" I'm experiencing. There are times I know I'm not hungry but I'll have a little snack anyways, but the difference now is that I'm aware of it. I'm not just stuffing food into my mouth absentmindedly.

Image and  video hosting by TinyPic

Negative: Because I'm becoming more aware of my hunger signs, I'm tempted to not eat if I'm not "hungry". I mean why? If I'm home, baby is asleep, and it's time for dinner, if I'm not hungry, why eat? I start to feel like if I do I'm adding calories that aren't necessary. I'm not hungry, why eat? In a strange way, I'm taking advice from my 20 month old. We were told early on from our doctor that at this age, when it comes to quantity of food, they know best. They don't "know" how to over stuff themselves. Sometimes he'll eat like it's going out of style and sometimes, just a little bit. And that's fine. He's listening to his body and eating if he's hungry and not so much if he's not hungry. Why am I any different? However, I've found myself not eating dinner a few nights this week.

Is this bad? Am I going down a bad path? I'm not anorexic, far from it. I'm not starving to death. Dinner use to be the biggest meal of the day for me, now it's lunch time. I have a high-protein breakfast like oatmeal, cottage cheese or yogurt. I'm having for lunch a lean cuisine, soup with added avocado for protein, or a salad with 1/4 - 1/2 cup of tuna salad. My snacks throughout the day are rice cakes, cottage cheese, 1 or 2 mini peppermint patties (yum), cheese stick, edamame, marinated veggies or some light coleslaw. Dinner has been salad, soup (homemade), nothing, or an actual dinner I made. I don't think I'm going down a bad path, I think I'm creating a new path that I've never been down before.

I'm still in my size 18 jeans, I'm dying to get into my 16's. I'm so close. I can get them on, but they are tight. That would probably only last 30 minutes but that's not the point. I want to put them on a feel good, feel comfy.

I'm still walking at lunch. Some days, like yesterday, I don't make it out. It was too windy, plus we have relay for life this weekend and I'll be walking a lot.

Weight: 221.5
Pant Size: 18 (baggy)
Attitude: Positive
Mood: Tired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

Goal #1:
221 lbs by May 31st, 2010
Hit goal on 7/2/2010
(yeah June was tough)

Goal #2:
210 lbs by September 9th, 2010
Hit goal on 10/19/2010
(not too bad)

Goal #3:
200 lbs by December 11th, 2010



Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs